CHW Appreciation Day 2023
Governor Eric Holcomb has signed
the Executive Order Proclamation
July 28th, 2023
is Community Health Worker Appreciation Day.
- Community Health Workers improve health and wellness for lower-income, underrepresented, and minority communities and,
- Community Health Workers deliver education and share resources about disease prevention and treatment and remove obstacles to community members' health and wellness; and,
- Community Health Workers' assistance to pregnant women in these communities contributes to healthier birth weights and decreased rates of early delivery, and,
- Community Health Workers' endeavors to improve health care quality for all Hoosiers are vital to improving the health of our state's most vulnerable populations; and,
- efforts to conduct outreach and health education, provide support for patients and advocate for reducing disparities in health care should be commended.
Let's Celebrate and Appreciate!
Nominate a Champion CHW!
A true champion of the Community Health Worker (CHW) role is someone who exudes compassion towards their community and establishes a deep connection with its people. Their experience and maturity in this role earn the community's trust, and their unbiased approach to situations and decisions demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, their self-awareness, inner health, and understanding are essential qualities that enable them to effectively teach and empower the community.
- Attend one of our celebrations.
- We will be announcing how employers, partners, and the community will celebrate during the month of June.
- Look for announcements in social media or emails about what is happening, and take time to celebrate and appreciate.
- Employers who want to express your appreciation to your CHWs, let us know how you are doing it so we recognize your involvement. Contact our Media Department.
- Become a sponsor to help us with the celebration cost; please get in touch with Carey Frazier. Your organization's name or logo will be placed on our commemorative shirts, needed for print by 6/29/23.
- Purchase a commemorative T-shirt by clicking here. These will be mailed out after July 5th.